At Castle Microwave, we have a history of working with Cable and Cable Assembly technology. That’s why we’re proud to partner with IW.
Founded in 1970, IW developed a unique PTFE lamination process and applied it to manufacturing wire and cable. This process allowed IW to manufacture products of unprecedented reliability along with smaller diameters. Combining the new lamination process along with a patented shield design allowed IW to become one of the leaders in low loss microwave transmission lines, utilizing both solid and expanded PTFE dielectrics. In 1988, IW expanded its operations and created the Microwave Products Division to provide turn-key standard configuration and application specific cable assemblies to an ever increasing global customer base.
Today, IW continues to work hard in developing innovative products and remains committed to providing innovative solutions for applications where reliability, size, weight, hostile environment and performance are primary considerations. Coaxial products are available in a range of diameters from 0.034" to 0.750" with assemblies available up to 67 GHz. IW also offers internal and external armouring, braid materials, Low Smoke/Zero Halogen jacketing, and low out-gassing materials for applications including:
- EMC testing
- High RF Power
- Oil Logging & exploration
- High Speed Digital
- Satellite communications
- Satellite Launch Vehicles
- Shipboard communications & electronics
- Ground system support electronics
- Missile systems
- Medical electronics
More specifically you will find IW's "performance-proven" products in fully integrated systems and projects including:
- ALQ-156 Missile Warning Systems
- Submarine applications (coax and mixed-signal conductors)
- PHALANX systems used on naval platforms worldwide
- MIL-STAR & IRIDIUM Satellite Communications
- Ku/Ka-band SATCOM
- AWACS & IEWCS C^3I
IW's experienced team of engineers and production specialists are committed to developing and delivering the world's most dependable wire and cable products which satisfy a broad range of applications in both the commercial and military industries.
Why work with Castle Microwave?
We are the UK’s leading supplier of Cable and Cable Assembly products – and there are a number of reasons to work with us:
- Rapid response times – we are proud of the speed it takes from initial enquiry to prototype, all the way through to manufacture.
- Quality assurance – all of our products are held to the highest quality standards and checked at every stage of production.
- State of the art manufacture – we work with a range of principals who are top of their field. Coupled with our manufacturers, who are top of their respective fields, we can guarantee state of art manufacture of the highest quality.
Want to know more about how IW can improve your product? Get in touch with a member of our friendly sales team today.